Saturday, June 27, 2009

What would you say to DOE, USDA and WalMart?

Hi, Interns:
As you know, WalMart favored our program by funding a grant proposal I submitted through SCSU. One of the initiatives to be funded by the grant is a research experience for undergraduates. Next summer, a select group of former interns will be awarded a research internship to conduct 8-10 weeks of research under a faculty member. More details later.

DOE and USDA/NRCS has funded our program since its inception. You have DOE to thank for providing your support this summer. USDA/NRCS has provided financial support in the past and continues to provide in-kind (service of employees, for instance) support as well.

What I want to know is, if you had a chance to speak with either our current funder, DOE, our in-kind funder, USDA/NRCS or a WalMart representative, what would you tell them?

5 comments:

  1. I would tell all three organizations thank you from the bottom of my heart. With out the help of them i dont the program would have been able to run as smoothly as it did. I have gained alot of valuabel things from this program. and i think they shold keep funding because i beleive that future student will not let them down. And also i see student from this kind of program working for them in the futrue. And they wont have to worry because they will be well prepared. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Ge'Ton said, I would tell all three organizations thank you!! This was an excellent experience that I will value for the rest of my life! I have experienced a so many things that I would not have been able to if it were not for the field station. I hope that they continue funding this program and allow future students these same experiences. Thank You So Much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say thanks!!!!!!!! You dont know how much this meant to me and my fellow interns. This internship was such a wonderful learning experience. I learned so much and i know the resources would not be have been available if it were not for WalMart, USDA/NRCS and the DOE. I would recomment this program to any student following behind me. You make life long connections and learn lessons that a price tag cannot be put on. Thank you for making this possible

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better to say than THANK YOU, just as the others said. This was a great investment for them. I said a good time here at the field station. This was an awesome experience. I'm so thankful that I had the chance to come to this intertrnship. I was so worried that I was not gone have 1 for this summer. I know if it was not for the three organizations, USDA/NRCS, DOE, and WalMart, I would not had the wonderful learning experience that I had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A "thank you" is not enough beecasue this is a sort of distinguished program. It is very different from others. I reallyy appreciate the fact these organizations really loves investing in the future by helping equip young folks like us with necessary tools for the future. Personally, I have gained a lot and all thanks to this organizations. I hope they continue to do the good work, for they are really changing lives..

    ReplyDelete